Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Crock pot potato soup

I wish I could take credit for this, but alas, I cannot.  It takes a bit of effort since you do need to get it ready in the morning.  I think next time I'll make the bacon and use the leftovers for the soup instead of making the bacon for soup then eating the rest of bacon as I put it in the fridge.    


5 large potatoes, diced - not sure how large a large potato is, I had too many in mine, I'll need to try less
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cans of condensed chicken soup
2 cups water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried dill weed
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups (1 pint) half and half cream
1 12 oz can evaporated milk

6 slices of bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces - Hubby said 6 was not enough but I thought it was fine


DIRECTIONS:


1. Lightly brown the onion with a small amount of butter or margarine.
2. Put onions, condensed soup, water, potatoes, salt, dill weed, and white pepper in crock pot.  Cover and cook on LOW 6 - 7 hours stirring occasionally.
3.  In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and half and half.  Stir into the soup along with the evaporated milk and bacon.  Cover and cook another 30 minutes before serving.


Serve with chives and cheddar cheese.


Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment