Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What's that smell?

Those were the words spoken by Sunshine on the way to my parents' house on Saturday night.

Hubby and I were going to be going out for our anniversary and a nice evening alone.  Sunshine and Monkey have their bags packed to spend the night.  It started out with me (showering first), and putting on a nice pair of pants, blouse, and earrings.  Sunshine comes in and says, "You look pretty Mommy."  Aaawww, thanks sweetie...  She continues, "You should wear earrings all the time."  Hmmm.... (On a side note she has asked if we were going to wedding when I've put a nice dress on.  Sadly, the answer has always been "yes.").

So there we are, sitting in the car, on the way to my parents'.  I turn on the defroster, because it's been raining all day, when she asks about the smell.  Smell?  What smell?  All I can smell is... my perfume.  So I ask her.

"Do you mean my perfume?"

"Yeah, your perfume." Pause for a few minutes.  "Mommy, what's perfume?"

Wow!  Do I go out so infrequently that my daughter feels the need to comment about me wearing earrings and is confused about the odd smell being blown around the car?  Obviously I need to get out more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment