Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Good morning!

It's 5am.  I hear rustling on the monitor and then the beginnings of whimpering escalating to the soft, quiet cry of Bug.  Maybe if I lie here long enough he'll fall back asleep.  There's a risk with this though, if I let him cry he can easily wake up the other 2, especially Sunshine whose bedroom is right next to his room.  Hubby is in the shower and doesn't usually go get Bug once he wakes up for the day.  His allows only enough time to get ready in the morning and get out the door.  There may be enough time to change a diaper but certainly not enough to soothe a baby back to sleep so close to his normal wake-up time.

So out of bed I drag myself, down the 10' to his room.  First things first.  Checking to see if the diaper leaked on his sheets.  All good.  Second, changing that very wet diaper so it doesn't squish out on me.  Blech, being peed on is never a pleasant way of waking up.  Diaper changed and into the glider for nursing.  I practically fall asleep during nursing with him still wide awake.  Both sides done and time for the crucial burping.  The first burp is bad but this is the bad, projectile puking time.  Done with no casualties he falls asleep on my shoulder but the transfer does not go well.  Once again, he's wide awake.  Sigh.  Rock.  Pat.  Nod to sleep.  Wake myself up.  Repeat.

Now some may not agree with this, but we had him sleep in his car seat for a few months because of his reflux.  Because of this, he still likes the car seat and will usually fall asleep easily and on his own.  I lay him down and rock him a bit and leave him knowing I have exactly 1 1/2 hours before my alarm goes off.  Well I do fall asleep, and easily at that but am woken another half hour later to him fussing.  Desperate, I bring the car seat in my bedroom, set it next to my side of the bed and slowly rock it until I fall asleep.  At some point he also fell asleep because when my alarm went off at 7:10 he was sleeping.  I reset the alarm for 7:30 and snoozed for another 20 minutes.  He slept until I got him at 8:15 to bring Sunshine to preschool.

Sunshine and Monkey fought like cats and dogs from the moment they woke up.  Sunshine antagonizing him and he yelling at her to stop.  What a fun way to start the day.  I can't wait for the summer!

Good morning everyone.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment