Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

So proud!

Yesterday was a beautiful day!  One of those days that when you went outside the sun kept you warm but the breeze kept you cool.  The kids wanted to go outside and play and I needed to hang up diapers and sheets on the line.  Bug was hanging out in his Exersaucer bouncing away.  As always, our dog Scout wanted to go out with us.  The kids played in the sandbox, Scout found a shady spot in the middle of the yard under the yard.  It was a wonderful day.

I finished hanging everything up and the kids wanted to play baseball.  Out came the whiffle ball and t-ball stand.  I never liked hitting the ball of the t but they wanted to use it.  After a few flops, Sunshine decided she'd prefer that I pitch the ball to her.  She definitely did better without the t!  On her second of third pitch she hit that ball out in left field clear across our yard.  I couldn't believe it.  It wasn't a fluke either.  Down centerfield and back into left at least three times.

Monkey was much better with the t, have you ever tried pitching to a 36" person with a strike zone of about 1'?  He hit the ball off that t 5 of 6 times about 5 or 6'.  Pretty good for a 3 year old I'd say!

Now me on the other hand, I had a heck of a time trying to catch those hits.  Whiffle balls are not always the easiest to catch.  At least that's what I tied to tell myself when I consistently missed the throws that Sunshine was throwing me.  After quite a few misses, she started laughing.  To add insult to injury, she quoted back to me what I had said to her, "You just need a little bit more practice."

They made me so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment