Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Marriage vows

Sunshine was looking at my wedding rings this morning.  Examining them for flaws?  I'm not quite sure.  She finally asks me about them, why are there 2, which is which, why do you have them, what does... mean?


I told her first that Daddy gave asked me to marry him and love him forever and always.  When I said yes, he gave me the engagement ring.  I got the wedding band when we went to the church and got married.


For some reason, I'm not sure why because she's asked before, she asked what 'married' meant.  I told her it's when you promise to love someone forever and always.


She thought a few seconds about this and responds, "That's nice that you and Daddy got married.  When I grow up I'm going to marry Bug."


When I told her she couldn't marry him, she simply stated, "Oh, because he's a baby.  I'll wait until he's a grown up."


I didn't have the heart to tell her the truth.

Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment