Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

They say...

Have you ever wondered who "they" are?  I have and do quite regularly.  "They" tell us all sorts of things; how to take care of our bodies, our children, our house, dog, laundry.  "They" tell us what is going on in the world, hunger, pollution, global climate change.  "They" tell us about our economic situation, the value of just about everything that exists.  My favorite thing that I keep hearing "them" tell us:  Gas prices.  "They" say gas prices are going to go up to $5 by the end of the year.  Now "they" say it may drop $.50 in the next month.  How on earth can "they" predict something like that and yet not be able to control it?  The amount of knowledge that "they" have is amazing.  I have also noticed that the knowledge of the all knowing "they" has grown even more with the advances of the internet and the emails that spread like wildfires telling us all about what "they" say.  Sometimes these emails won't even use their real names, rather the emails will have written in it "They say if you do..."  It is truly amazing.  One day, when I grow up, I want to become a "they".

No comments:

Post a Comment