Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Things that make you go hmmm...

I don't know about other people, but I tend to do a lot of my thinking in the places that aren't very helpful.  As in, I remember that I need to call someone when I'm in the shower.  I remember I need to buy something when I'm trying to fall asleep.  Of course there is also the other type of thinking I do.  The random, off the wall, letting your mind drift along into nonsense.  Well I was doing some nonsense thinking today in the shower (shower nonsense thinking can only be done when the hubby's home and I'm able to take a shower without fear of the kids either walking in on me or destroying something).  I started thinking about all the "things" that we have in our every day life that we assume that we "need".  Of course this leads me to the next thought of what pioneers would think of all of our "needs".  Then I thought that if I were to go back, what would I want to have there with me.  Deodorant?  No, everyone will smell.  Of course that got rid of any hygiene item.  Toilet paper?  Well I wash my kids' diapers and diaper wipes, I guess that's not too different, still yucky though.  Then I thought what about running water and toilets because the thought of running out in the snow and ice is definitely not pleasant.  Well, people used to use chamber pots and go in their rooms right?  Then it hit me.  My kid's potty seat, the cute little green potty seat with the flip top lid, was a cushioned chamber pot.  For those who may still be interested, I've decided that I'd wanted heating/ac.  You can do just about anything when you're warm, including washing your potty seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment