Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Inspired by Finn review

I recently received a Baltic amber necklace from Inspired by Finn.  As soon as I got it, I tore into (let's face it, I have no self-control) and even in the not-so-complimentary light of the car and garage I thought it was pretty.  I brought it inside, looked again and, sure enough the necklace was exactly what I was hoping for and more.   Each individual bead of amber is uniquely shaped but respectively matches the others in color.The workmanship is clean and neat.  Each piece of amber is separated by a double knot and finished with a screw clasp.  A double knot will allow a necklace to break without having every bead go flying across the room.  The screw clasp is sturdier and stronger than that of a typical clasp.  Bug enjoys holding onto it while he nurses, understanding the construction of it gives me a little extra piece of mind.


The screw clasp is easily found by the 2 larger pieces that are the same color.

The double knots are small and neat.

Beyond just being a pretty addition to my jewelry collection, Baltic amber is also used for medicinal purposes.  "When baltic amber is worn on the skin, the skin's warmth releases trace amounts of healing oils from the amber. These oils contain succinic acid and are absorbed into the skin."  Baltic amber contains the highest levels of succinic acid of approximately 8%.  I had heard of moms putting the little necklaces on their babies to help with their teething pains but I hadn't realized that the list continued to also include: pain relief, strengthening your immune system, chronic pain, headaches, migraines, menstrual cramps and an overall boost to your immune system.  Always a skeptic, I was pleasantly surprised when I seemed to feel less stress over the weekend.


A very pretty necklace that will match just about anything.


My new necklace is approximately 17"-18" of 4 different colors however there are multiple choices of styles, colors, and sizes.  There are also children/infant sizes, bracelets/anklets, and specialty pieces that fit around your knee and back for chronic knee and back aches.


When you decide to purchase a piece of her jewelry, it will come nicely packaged.  Within the shipping envelope was a small jewelry box with extra batting to keep it safe, then within that box the necklace was in a small zipper bag.  If you wish, you may also have a care and instruction sheet mailed along with it.


Inspired by Finn was great to work with and I hope to do so again.  To learn more about Baltic amber and to see all of their wonderful pieces, go to:


http://hyenacart.com/inspiredbyfinn

Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment