Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Does this basketball make me look fat?

I miss being pregnant.  Sure you get big and swollen and you get heartburn but I still enjoyed it.  (Not to mention the added bonus of a cute little newborn.)


Last night, Hubby and I went to a social for Sunshine's school.  Adults only.  Woohoo!  Night out!  Dinner, cash bar, silent auction and casual attire.  Woohoo!  Oh, wait, casual attire.  Usually I love the words "casual attire".


Usually.


I realized that casual attire can mean so many different things to so many different people.  I live in a neighborhood where many women will wear nice heel boots and designer clothes to the park and to a school functions.


Not me.


I like jeans.  Jeans are my best friend.  I'm not talking designer jeans either.  I'm talking just regular ole jeans, nothing special.  For me, when I heard casual, I immediately thought jeans and a sweater or shirt.


Then I realized, this was not one of those kind of casual events.  I decided on a pair of Dockers, I figured I wouldn't look too over dressed or too underdressed.  So I'd wear Dockers and something...  something... something.  I looked in my closet for "something".  Nothing.  I looked in my drawers (even though I had already decided against a sweater).  Nothing.  I looked again in my closet.  For some reason, "something" didn't magically appear.


What was going on?  Where was all of my clothes?


And then I saw it.  One of my maternity dresses that I had bought when I was pregnant with Sunshine.  I had loved the dress.  It's maroon with a tie in back.  Simple yet dressy, but not too dressy.


Oh.  That's where my clothes was.  It was packed up in boxes and  ready to be donated to other women who needed maternity clothes.  What about the other clothes?  My regular clothes.  Oh yeah.  I've been home for so long that I have about 15 cotton shirts, some sweaters and a dozen sweatshirts, some (many) of them are from when I was in high school, and that's about it.  There's casual and then there's casual.  That's just a bit too casual.


So I decided, the thing I miss most about being pregnant?  The wardrobe.  I didn't need to have a ton of stuff because I didn't need to and people didn't expect you to.


Then I began to wonder...


How weird would it be if I wore a maternity dress when I wasn't pregnant?  Probably pretty weird.  Maybe I could just strap a basketball around my waist...


Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment