Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

I don't feel good...

"Mommy, I don't feel good.  I think I need some medicine."  This is what I woke up to on Wednesday night with Sunshine standing next to my side of the bed.  I felt her head, she felt fine.  "Climb into bed.  You'll be fine."  An hour later I woke up to a 38 pound furnace next to me.  She definitely had a fever at this point.  Sure enough, 102.0.  In went the Tylenol and we attempted to go back to sleep.  She was so hot though, who can sleep with a body next to you?  Daddy carried her back to bed and I sat on her bed for a little longer with a cool washcloth on her forehead.  The next morning her fever went up and down.  All during this time she had some funky scabby thing under her nose, on her chin, and on the corner of her mouth.  I assumed it was a cold sore.  I've never actually seen a cold sore so what do I know.

We were already planning on going to the doctor for Bean's well-check visit on Friday so I was able to take her in to figure out what was wrong. Friday morning, "Mommy, I don't feel good."  Well no kidding!  Your temperature is 103.5!  Off to the doctor we go for our 9:15 appointment.  Bean has grown leaps and bounds, but for some reason has some rash that wash not there last night all over his torso.  Sunshine's "cold sores" ended up being Impetigo, a very contagious virus that can spread to different parts of her body as well as to other people...  Great.

Good news?  We were given a prescription for Amoxicillin.  She doesn't have strep, probably not the flu, and after 24 hours the Impetigo will no longer be contagious...

No comments:

Post a Comment