Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

A farmer's life for me

So I've finally decided what I want to be when I grow up.


A farmer.


Not the corn/soybean farmer or the cow kind of farmer, something way, way cooler than that.  I'm going to be a dandelion farmer.  How awesome would that be!  I haven't told Hubby yet, but I'm thinking he'll go for it.


You might be thinking, "Really?  A dandelion farmer?"  Yes, they have to get dandelions from somewhere don't they?  There's dandelion salad.  Dandelion wine.  Dandelions for all sorts of medicinal things that I had no idea actually existed until I started researching dandelions.  This is the sort of thing is that happens when Hubby goes to bed and I stay up.  To get Hubby on board, these are some "logical" reasons as to why we should make this life-changing leap:


1.  Dandelions grow anywhere.  Anywhere.  Yes, even I could grow dandelions.  I could have a field of sidewalk and they would somehow be able to find their way.


2.  I have 3 children who would be willing to run through the dandelion puffs and thus spread seeds to increase our crops.  As an extra bonus, hours of running around in the dandelions will keep the kids occupied and tire them out.  Woohoo!  Early bedtime!


3.  We could make our own wine.  What better crop is there than a crop that you can make into wine?


4.  It's unique.  No one we know (purposely) grows dandelions.  It would be an excellent conversation starter at any party or event we went to.  We would never have to worry about having boring conversations and becoming a dinner party wallflower.


5.  We could move... to Belgium!  Ok, that might be a bit of a downfall.  It's one of those awesome facts I never knew, but they do grow them in Belgium.  See, I told you there were interesting facts.


Now all I need to do is convince Hubby.  I think I'll mention it to him tonight, I'm sure it will go well.


See how pretty!  Fields of dandelions.

These are the dandelions Monkey gives me.  He thinks they're the kind I like.  At least I don't have to worry about the flower part dying.



Vicky

1 comment:

  1. We could totally do this together. We could buy 2 houses that were close enough to walk to, but not so close that I could hear you yelling at your kids (or vice versa). We could homeschool together and live in perfect harmony while raising dandelions.

    ReplyDelete