Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

He's bleeding!

My kids do NOT deal well with blood.  That statement really doesn't describe it though.  Sobbing will begin hours after a fall when the smallest of blood is discovered.  Instead of sympathy puking, they have sympathy tears over blood.  Band-aids are not quick fixes as they are for so many children (in fact for the longest time Sunshine cried when you attempted to put a Band-aid on her, but that's a different story).


So when Sunshine came running into the kitchen frantically yelling that Ryan was "bleeding from his ear", I probably wasn't as concerned as most moms would have been.  It was more of a "What?!" and I walked quickly into the family room.


Sure enough, there he was sitting on the couch with blood all over his ear.  My next reaction was probably more of an explanation as to why my kids freak out.  I ran over to Monkey (no longer calm or questioning), "Oh my God, what happened?"


Monkey starts crying.  Sunshine starts crying.  Bug starts crying (how dare I walk away from him).  Sunshine is repeating "That doesn't look right."  I'm pinning Monkey down to look at his ear and to see where the blood is coming from.  Sunshine then runs to get Hubby which causes him to run frantically into the room.  He figured it was an emergency from her "description".


What happened and why was he bleeding?  He decided to get the earwax out himself and had made a minute scratch on the curved part of his ear.  Apparently ears are included in the whole "head wounds bleed a lot" saying.  It took forever for the darn thing to stop bleeding.

Vicky

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm picturing the whole situation and it was probably a frenzied mess! Glad he didn't puncture his eardrum or anything.

    ReplyDelete