Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pizza Soup

This is my own soup, my husband named it.  I've tried breaking from it, but like so many things, once it's been named, you can't change it.  The recipe makes a huge pot so be prepared for either company, lots of leftovers, or freezing.  The soup has a nice zest without being spicy.



1 lb ground Italian sausage, browned (I use mild)

1/2 stick or 5-6" pepperoni sliced and quartered
1 can tomato paste
2 diced tomatoes
1 diced onion
1 red pepper, chopped
3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
1 can or 1 sm carton fresh mushrooms, sliced and broken in pieces
1 chicken bullion cube
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
oregano
basil
pepper
celery flakes
Either pasta (we use 1/2 box of the mini fusilli) or Italian/French bread


I don't measure any of my spices, I just add them.  I also forgot to add the celery flakes and it tasted just fine without.

Add everything to the pot except the carrots, pasta and mushrooms.  Add carrots and mushrooms 1/2 hour before you plan to eat.

Cook for as long as you like.  I've let it cook for a couple of hours but the other day I was out doing errands and only had about an hour to do all the chopping, browning and cooking.  It still tasted great.

Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment