Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

wishes and fairies

We were recently watching Berenstein Bears on TV the other day.  It was the first time the kids had seen it and they were quite excited to watch something new.  The episode happened to be about Sister Bear (poor kids, could their parents have gotten any more obnoxious with the names?) and Sister was wanting something.  I'm not quite sure what it was, but Mama Bear told Sister that she should wish upon the wishing star and it might come true, but you can't tell anyone what you wished for.  Thanks Mama, I need to deal with one more Santa that can show up randomly throughout the year.  Well sure enough, Sunshine heard this and her eyes lit up.  She turned to me and sat up nice and tall and asked, "Is that true?"  Foolishly I didn't say no, instead I chose give her hope and keep magic in her life and answered, "I don't know, it might be."  I highly recommend squashing this magic and just telling them, "No, it's just a cartoon."  She replies, "I think I'm going to wish for a unicorn!"  I think she missed the part about not telling what she was wishing for. I had to then tell her, she wouldn't be getting a unicorn.  Or a horse.  Or a 2-wheel scooter (mostly because she kept asking).  Or a new dog.  Or a new kitten.


Thank you Berenstein Bears.  This is why we no longer watch the show and why magic should be discouraged.


Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment